- Call alarm service and inform them that system is being tested.
- Announce to occupants of the building to disregard fire alarms for the next hour.
- Open main drain slightly to drop pressure and watch jockey pump turn on.
- Close valve and watch jockey pump build pressure and shut off.
- Open main drain again and drop pressure until jockey pump turns on.
- Open main drain a little more so pressure drops faster than jockey pump can maintain.
- Watch fire pump turns on.
- Close main drain valve.
- Check that casing relief valve is running a full stream of water.
- Check that packing is dripping.
- Grease pump bearings with one pump of the grease gun handle.
- Observe that the pump discharge gauge is reading much higher than the suction gauge.
- Push stop button on controller and observe that fire pump shuts down.
- Call alarm service to inform them the test is finished.
Create a log of your weekly pump runs. Here you can download the sample of the log form.
If any problems are discovered, call Complete Pump Service.
In January, call Complete Pump Service at (630) 628-1600 ext. 100 to schedule the test.